E-Bulling Scale And E-Victimization Scale: The Study of Validity and Reliability of Cigarette Addict Students at Ankara University
The Bulletin of Legal Medicine,
Vol. 24 No. 2 (2019)
Objective: The aim of this study is to make the validity and reliability studies of E-Bullying Scale and E-Victimization Scale developed by Lam and Li (2013), adapted into Turkish by Gençdoğan and Çıkrıkçı (2015) in Ankara University smoking addict students.
Methods:The sample of this study consisted of 120 voluntary students from Ankara University who were smoking addict students of faculty of law, faculty of medicine and engineering faculty. The study data were collected with the Informed Voluntary Form and E-Bullying Scale consisting of six items, the E-Victimization scale consisting of five items.KMO and Bartlett's test were used for content validity and Cronbach alpha coefficient was used for data reliability.
Results:As a result of the validity analysis of the E-BullyingScale, the KMO value was 79,8%, the Barlett’s Test of Sphericity chi-squarevalue was found to be 323,480.The Cronbach alpha coefficient of the E-BullyingScalewas 0,834 andit was found to have a strong degree of reliability. As a result of the validity analysis of the E-VictimizationScale, the KMO value was 73,9% and the Barlett’s Test of Sphericity chi-squarevalue was found to be 224,418.The Cronbach alpha coefficient of the E-Victimization Scale was 0,808 and it was found to have a strong degree of reliability.
Conclusion:The E-Bullying Scale and E-Victimization Scale adapted into Turkish by Gençdoğan and Çıkrıkçı have a high level of reliability and sufficient validity.The scale is recommended to be used for cases of the cyber bullying and cybervictimizationof smokingaddict university students.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Berkowitz L. Aggression: Its Causes, Consequences, and Control. New York: Mcgraw-Hill, 1993.
- Suler J. The online disinhibition effect. CyberPsychology & Behavior 2004;7(3):321-6. https://doi.org/10.1089/1094931041291295.
- Kowalski RM, Limber SP. Electronic bullying among middle school students. Journal of Adolescent Health 2007;41(6):22-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2007.08.017.
- Yetim S. Siber Zorbalık, Türkiye ve ABD karşılaştırması (Abd V. Drew Dosyası). TBB Dergisi 2015;120:325-84.
- Hinduja S, Patchin JW. Bullying, cyberbullying, and suicide. Archives of Suicide Research 2010;14(3):206-21. https://doi.org/10.1080/13811118.2010.494133.
- Erdur-Baker Ö, Topçu Ç. Siber Zorbalık. İçinde: Deryakulu D (Ed.). Bilişim Teknolojileri Öğretiminde Sosyo-Psikolojik Değişkenler. 1. Baskı. Ankara: Maya Akademi Yayıncılık, 2008;105-25.
- Arıcak OT, Tanrıkulu T ve Kınay H. Siber Mağduriyet Ölceği’nin ilk psikometrik bulguları. Akdeniz Eğitim Araştırmaları Dergisi 2012;11:1-6.
- Eroğlu Y. Ergenlerde Siber Zorbalık ve Mağduriyeti Yordayan Risk Etmenlerini Belirlemeye Yönelik Bütüncül Bir Model Önerisi. Doktora Tezi. Bursa: Uludağ Üniversitesi Eğitim Bilimleri Enstitüsü. 2014.
- Menesini E, Nocentini A. Cyberbullying definition and measurement: Some critical considerations. Journal of Psycholog 2009;21:230-2. https://doi.org/10.1027/0044-3409.217.4.230.
- Promoting the health of young people in Custody Pg. 7. http://www.euro.who.int/document/e81703.pdf Erişim tarihi: 25.12.2018.
- Adolesanlarda Koruyucu Sağlık Hizmetleri. www.sabem.saglik.gov.tr/Akademik_Metinler/goto.aspx?id=1455 Erişim tarihi: 26.12.2018.
- Kılıççı Y. Okulda Ruh Sağlığı. 5. Baskı. Ankara: Anı Yayıncılık, 2006;113–5.
- Hane Halkı Bilişim Teknolojileri Kullanım Araştırması, 2014. http://www.tuik.gov.tr/PreHaberBultenleri.do?id=16198 Erişim tarihi: 25.12.2018.
- Davis RA. Cognitive-behavioral model of pathological internet use. Computers in Human Behavior 2001;17(2):187–95. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0747-5632(00)00041-8.
- Yang SC, Tung CJ. Comparison of internet addicts and nonaddicts in Taiwanese high school. Computers in Human Behavior 2007;23(1):79-96. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2004.03.037.
- Tokunaga RS. Following you home from school: A critical review and synthesis of research on cyberbullying victimization. Computers in Human Behavior 2010;26:277-87. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2009.11.014.
- Smith PK. Cyberbullying and Cyber Aggression. In: Jimerson SR, Neckerson AB, Mayer MJ, Furlong MJ (Eds.), Handbook of School Violence and School Saffety: International Research and Practice. New York, US: Routledge/ Taylor & Francis Group, 2012.
- Gençdoğan B, Çıkrıkçı Ö. Reliability and validity studies of the Turkish version of the e-bullying scale (E-BS) and e-victimization scale (E-VS). Journal of Theory and Practice in Education 2015;11(1):359-73.
- Alvarez-García D, Nú~nez JC, Barreiro-Collazo A, García T. Validation of the Cybervictimization Questionnaire (CYVIC) for adolescents. Computers in Human Behavior 2017;70: 270-81. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2017.01.007.
- Alvarez-García D, Barreiro-Collazo A, Nú~nez JC, Dobarro A. Validity and reliability of the Cyber-aggression Questionnaire for adolescents (CYBA). The European Journal of Psychology Applied to Legal Context 2016;8:69-77. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpal.2016.02.003.
- Çetin B, Yaman E, Peker A. Cyber Victim and Bullying Scale: A study of validity and reliability. Computers & Education 2011;57(4):2261-71. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2011.06.014.
- Arıcak OT, Kınay H, Tanrıkulu T. Siber Zorbalık Ölceği’nin ilk psikometrik bulguları. Hasan Ali Yücel Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi 2012;9(1):101-14.